Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

with toppik/without toppik what a difference!!!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by the_secretary, Sep 3, 2009.

1. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

try placing a pipe cleaner on your part and then lightly sprinkling it over that...

there is an applicator you can adhere to the can... an atomizer type thingy... this also helps control application...

2. gmarias

gmarias Guest

michelesmith,
    how much is fullmore, typically? I may try it if I find enough good reviews. Toppik is kind of working and I'd hate to experiment and use up what little cash I do have!

MauvaiseFille,
    I use the trial size bottle as well and I NEVER apply it directly to my part, either. However, it still seems to always creep its way off of my hair and onto my part. My boyfriend said he couldn't tell until I directly pointed it out, but it still feels odd!

As for using pipe-cleaners, I guess I could give it a shot. I'm just afraid of having a hard edge or something!

3. stellabella

stellabella Guest

Hey Gmarias,

I've been using Toppik for years and do the same thing every morning - I wash and blowdry my hair like normal and then apply the toppik. I have the toppik spray applicator which is attached to the bottle and I start on one side of my head and part my hair just above my ear (like a very far over side part). I then pull the layer of hair over the other side of my scalp and pin it with a bobby pin and spritz toppik on all the scalp I can see. I keep letting one section of hair down at a time (getting closer and closer to my part) and covering all the scalp I can see with toppik. When I get close to the part I am very careful and take the thinnest possible layer of hair over and spray as close to the part as I can.

I find as my hairloss has gotten worse it has been harder to avoid the toppik spreading to my part so nowadays before applying toppik I get the tiniest bit of moisturiser on the tip of my finger and rub this along my part. I only use a very small amount and apply with my pinky. The toppik won't stick to the part when it has just been moisturised and I find this gives a very natural looking result!

I hope this helps!!! :hairy:

4. the secretary-

It looks great!

I used to use Toppik, then went to Dermmatch. Now, I just wear my mini topper hair pieces.

I tried Fullmore, but it was like spraying wet spray paint on my head.

I loved the Bumble and Bumble hair poweder sprays but they don't have a color that matches my hair. The color they call "blondish" is really medium brown. The spray goes on dry, and stays on really well. I sprayed it right on my scalp. No need to put any "wax" in your hair before using it like the website says.

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/product/ ... UCT_ID=179

5. so-lost

so-lost Guest

For some reason I can vividly remember as a kid (late 1970s-early 1980s) seeing a commercial on tv of a bald man spraying his head and then not looking bald anymore....I remember making the comment, "He didn't grow hair, he just spray painted his head!"
    Now I parusing concealers, life can be cruel sometimes...

6. gmarias

gmarias Guest

That definitely helps, StellaBella. I guess I need to order the sprayer, then? Drats. I just ordered my Toppik, so I'll have to make it a seperate order.

I'll most definitely try the moisturizer thing.

I did try the pipe cleaner thing, but I don't know how the heck to hold it onto my part accurately because I still got clumps.