Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Women in salons

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by tbacchi, Dec 19, 2005.

1. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

So, I went to the salon this weekend for a trim, blowout and to order new extensions. There was a woman sitting next to me who asked me if I was getting extensions. I decided to bite the bullet and tell her that I have extensions right now and that I lost about 60% of my hair when I went off of the pill. I never tell people about my extensions or my experience with bcps. So, this woman says to me "it's disheartening isn't it??? Apparently, she also has extensions because she said she lost a ton of hair after the birth of her second child.

So, I continue to believe that so many other women experience hair issues and don't necessarily "come out of the closet" about it.
    T.

2. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Good for you Tabachi

I sit in my salon and am quite open about my hair loss well fair enough I cant hide it when then extensions are out ... I wish it wasnt such a closeted thing ... all I know is that when I visited another hair restoration place in London it was full ALL the time !!!

3. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

Sally,
    The old place I used to go to was packed all of the time too. I never saw anyone my age though. This is the first time I saw a woman in her 30s like me having anything done.
    T.

4. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Really ... in the first place Iwent it was full of all lages some young young girls ... I dont see them where I go now because its only her that deals wiht the hair loss so she does us one at a time along wiht her regular hair cuts etc

5. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

My original salon had private rooms for everyone, but a joint waiting area. This new salon, everyone is out in the open. It takes a little getting used too.
    T.

6. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Yeah i bet but in a way its a slight comfort seeing others ... huh

Anyway end ofhte day for me .. yippeee Monday done and dusted ... deprssion is lifting slightly already.

Have a good day
    SAl

7. September

September Guest

The first hair replacement salon I went to also had private rooms, but the second place I went to was 1 big room and it was strange at first but then after a while it was ok cause I knew that everyone there was in the same boat. The place I go to now is a regular salon but I make my appointments as the first of the day so I'm in & out before anybody else gets there. I don't mind if other hair replacement clients see me, but I'm still self-conscious about letting "normal haired people" see me.

8. colline

colline Guest

t

where can i go in london for hair extensions? i need it in the middle of the head will everyone notice? can you feel them? how much does it cost?

9. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Have you got hair on the top of your head ?? enough to cover the glue ... I am thinning on the top but it does stay covered JUST ...

I used to go to Lucinda Ellery ... http://www.luindaellery.com expensive and I wasnt too happy with the result but they do have some success

Or http://www.markglenn.com also in London they use synthetic hair I have no experience of them

I go to http://www.wattzinternational.co.uk ... its cheaper and the hair texture is MUCH better than Lucinda Ellery ... but she is about an hour on the train from Charing Cross Station out in Kent.

Which part of London are you from ?