Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Women who shave large parts of their heads to reduce volume

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Nilli57211, May 20, 2017.

1. Nilli57211

Nilli57211 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It seems to be a growing trend now that women with really thick hair are shaving the undersides of their heads so they can have long hair without all the volume. It absolutely baffles me that anyone would do this because as someone who has lost a large percentage of her hair, I would kill to have that volume and I would absolutely never do something like that and intentionally lose volume, but at the same time I get it because I had really thick hair once upon a time and I hated it. I actually wished it would get thinner. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. :-(

I don't know. In a way, it makes me feel better because those women are actually doing something to their hair to make it look more like mine lol. But on the other hand, I'm like, are you crazy? You have all those follicles that are still producing thick, gorgeous hair and you're just completely squandering them and putting them to waste?

All I can say is if they really come up with the treatment for hair loss within the next few years and I get it and get my hair back, I will never ever do something like that. I will never ever take my thick hair for granted again and will play that volume up up up, even if it is harder to manage that way.

2. Gigi

Gigi New Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's just a trend I think. But yeah, I used to regularly go in and get my hair thinned. I'm middle eastern and thick hair has always been my thing. I remember doing everything I could to tame my volume... straightening, etc. Volume WAS my problem even though other girls would regularly tell me they wish they had my hair. I think that's the worst part.. is now I definitely lost so much of it that volume isn't really an issue anymore.

Definitely be careful what you wish for.

3. Brittney Wilson

Brittney Wilson New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, undercut is common for those who have thicker or higher volume of hair. Some women are just blessed with thicker hair and others are :(