Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Worried About Bald Spots I’ve Discovered

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Jfk78, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Jfk78

Jfk78 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed what felt like a dent in my head. I realized it was bald and the next day found another spot. Both are round and completely bald. About the size of a quarter. I contacted my doctor and she said it is not urgent - I am staying with my mother in law who just had surgery so my only option is urgent care to be seen; I made an appointment with my doctor for when I get home. Also over the past week since I’ve found the spots I’ve noticed a stubborn, widening part ending in what looks like a cowlick that feels like it’s thinning. I have thick curly hair and the spots are covered but the part is obvious. Over the past month I’ve noticed my head itching a lot and assumed it was dry scalp but now I’m thinking it’s related. The funny thing is that I have not noticed excessive amounts of hair in the drain or on my pillow or clothes. I’ve consulted google and am pretty sure it’s alopecia araeta based on the descriptions I’ve read and images I’ve seen. I’m worried - how fast does hair fall out? Being seen now versus a week from now won’t change the course of anything - is that correct?

thank you for listening to my worries.

2. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well you don't need to worried about too much about the blad spots you need to have an open session with a specilized dermotalogist for better advice and recommendation..