Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

WOW this stuff helps!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Hennared, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure if I have Androgenetic Alopecia... in fact, I think I don't,
    but, I DO have a lot of rapid hair loss and extreme texture change!
    My once full and thick, healthy hair has become near see thru thin
    and brilllo pad rough, in less than a year and a half. The texture change really has me mystified, since my hair changed so much so fast, and it was about 23" long, before I chopped about 5 inches off.

ANYway, I wanted to rave about some hair care products I bought. I bought some sea kelp ferment and grape seed extract from a company on the web called Skin Actives. They offer a hair serum that includes these and other compounds, but I went the 'do it yourself' route, since it was cheaper. I also got some of their (expensive!) 'keratinocyte growth factor' that I've not yet tried.
    But, today I did try the sea kelp and some grape seed extract in a topical solution I put on my scalp for about a half hour, and then washed out. I have to say, NOTHING has made this kind of improvement in my hair texture! I think it's largely the sea kelp - it softened my now brittle hair and made it combable, yet did not weigh it down at all, like most conditioners do. I did shed a bit after rinsing it out, but I've been sick, so, I'm not sure I can blame the treatment for that. I DO think it greatly improved my hair's texture. I'm now feeling less guilty about the money I paid for this stuff!

Just wanted to pass this on - and believe me, I am ever the skeptic -
    but this stuff really seemed to help.

Hennared

2. CarliGali

CarliGali Guest

I bought a product from Phyto (have yet to try) but I think has grapeseed too ...the reviews claim that hair looks good after using it.

3. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

there was an article in womans world a while back about grapeseed extract being used as a hair growth suppliment, this being in oral form though you can purchase it usually online....