Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Yippiee!!! Photos of New Haircut...

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Sassy, May 20, 2011.

1. Sassy

Sassy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So, I think I've found a haircut that hides my balding spots. Of course, lots of products used but what the hell, that's a given in my life and probably will be until the end last one my chinny chin chin (rogaine)....
    I'm showing the photo I brought to my stylist. Wish I could look like model but I'll pretend.

Attached Files:

2. HOLY COW! That looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! LOVE!

3. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Wow you look brilliant! I was surprised when i saw the picture at the bottom because you could never tell with the way its styled! I am really impressed :woot:

4. RugBug

RugBug Guest

and you DO LOOK LIKE A MODEL!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! yippie!!!!
    :jump:

5. FLgirl

FLgirl Guest

LOVE IT!!! you are so pretty! :)

6. hcrazy

hcrazy Guest

Looks sooooo good!

7. starbabies

starbabies Guest

Awesome awesome Awesome! Better than the model. Thank you for having the courage to post the last picture. You and your stylist have done a excellent job of working with what you've got. Beautiful!!

8. freakyfriday

freakyfriday Guest

Holly Crapola,
    that looks greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

thank you for sharing

9. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Magic! That's one of the best "before and after" EVER. Good for you and kudos to your stylist.
    Thanks so much for posting the pics - you made my day

10. Fluff

Fluff Guest

Wow, very classy! Your hair look healthy, normal, and very pretty! I'm jealous!

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, looking at your pics I would never have guessed you had hair loss. It looks absolutely fabulous, and so do you :) . Thanks for sharing.

12. Hayley

Hayley Guest

I just showed the first couple of pics to my boyfriend, and then showed him the last one. His response was just the same as everyone elses and was surprised to see that you had that hairloss. Well done!

13. Sassy

Sassy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good Golly! Thanks everyone for your fabulous comments. You sure know how to make a girl feel good. I can't believe I even posted photo after spending so many years not permitting anyone to get close enough to see what I'm dealing with (with the exception of my hairdresser of course). I guess I felt I safe here on this site surrounded by ladies who have shown they can be trusted and sympathetic. Sheesh! This hairloss thing sure can be exhausting.

14. Lost

Lost Guest

OMG!!! You look wonderful that cut is great on you.

15. RugBug

RugBug Guest

this photo proves an excellent point....

there are SO many more woman out there dealing with hair loss that we just never, ever even notice...because of great hair styles and a smile!

16. RatsNest

RatsNest Guest

Fan-Freaking-Tastic!! :woot:

17. Wow you do look amazing. Is that a topper or wig? I think us women spend so much time stressing about hair loss ... there are remarkable solutions like yours so we really don't need to worry. You are brave and beautiful. How did you realize this would be a good cut for you. Is this a style you did prior to your hair loss.

18. Sassy

Sassy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Devistateddiva

Thank you for the compliments. No, I've not yet gone the route of a topper or wig but I'm not far off. I was hoping the cut would be good because it shows lots of hair being brought from the back to the front. It's really what we all know as a comb-over but this one happens to be in style. I also have the high cheekbones as woman in photo so I was hoping I could pull it off.

I spend about 10 minutes in the morning doing hair(not much to dry) I have a whole crazy regiment and lots of products. My best product by far is my xfusion. It's a powder I sprinkle on (okay dump on) to cover up gaps. I also like the highlights my stylist put in they are a nice distraction.

I believe us ladies dealing with this hairloss business have learned to become very creative at covering up. Honestly, not only are we creative but there certainly are lots of smart women on this board who are downright brilliant and refuse to take this hairloss sh*t sitting down.

Oh! Another tip for hiding scalp while swimming is I hold my bangs down to the side with one of those bendable metal clips. This way, if my hair should get wet, hair stays in place covering bald spot and even looks kinda cute.

19. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

I LOVE it!!!!! you look beautiful!!! xoxoxo
    Tracy

20. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    You look fantastic!!! :woot: What a great cut and style you chose :bravo:

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us & also refusing to
    take hairloss sitting down. On my Alopecia Areata support group we have a saying : "I may have hairloss but it doesn't have me." Way to go!!!

Hugs,
    Joann