Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Zink and NO more extreme hair loss

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Barbarina, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was moaning here a lot during last several months that I started again losing hair in buckets - 200-300 every day. However in Dez while doing once again all the hormonal and vitamin dificincy tests, I was diagnosed with low Zink levels. I was taking Zink since than and this been already may be 1.5 months my hair loss reduced itself too may be 20-30 strands a day. Ok, my mean triangles above my forehead did not improve really, but at least I dont go into constant shock while brushing my hair. My stress levels are same - very high, I am still taking Diane 35, now and then Androcur 5 mg and also now and then I am applying Rogaine 5%. HAVING SAID THAT I STILL WANT TO UNDERLINE THAT; OFCOURSE NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW WHAT REALLY CAUSES OUR HAIR TO FALL OUT, but Zink is one of very essential vitamins for hair.

2. dvent1111

dvent1111 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the lower shed! :)

3. Megan M

Megan M Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! And thanks for letting us know that zinc helped your hair loss.

4. Sofia1980

Sofia1980 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Barbarina, what we'll do after going off BC pills? So scared that everything recovered will fall off again :( I am not sure when it is not ok to take pill anymore, I will turn 37 soon.

5. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    that is how I felt at 29 about getting pregnant after recovering so much hair, I am currently 35, got pregnant at 30, bad post partum hair loss but recovered a good amount awesome hair in 2015 and who knows why it fall out in 2016 arghhhhh!!!

6. Sofia1980

Sofia1980 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Aaaaa, the battle! I should get pregnant soon but very scared to loose the hair again :( I feel so shallow thinking about it that way, but it means so much to me, i cannot pretend it doesnt :(

7. Barbarina

Dislikes Received:
    Sofia, I am still on BCpil, but changed to Jasmin instead of Diane. Diane eventually made me put on weight. My Dr does'nt know, I just pray that it wont get worse. But yes, Zink deffinitely helped. Or so I think. What we do really know about hair ?

8. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    sofia1980 I want to have another child too, and feel so shallow too!!! Its so important for me too, I have struggled with this since I am 17, I lost, recover hair, lost recover hair,and I am tired of it, now this time I have no idea if my hair will recover...things that I did before to recover don't seem to work the same it might be because before I was young and it came back but now this year I will be 36 and not sure how my body will be able to produce hair again...

9. Scorpi08

Scorpi08 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I want another baby too but terrified that it won't come back! The thing is...it's going anyway. My hair loss put me on a mission to figure out WHY. I've uncovered I have a thyroid autoimmune disease, adrenal dysfunction, and hormone imbalance....ALL of which cause hair loss. There's a slight chance that I can grow some hair back if I fix all of this, but I'm losing hope. I'm looking into toppers now. I need a backup plan. I've heard so many people say they stopped stressing once they started wearing hair.

10. megan99

megan99 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Barbarina, Sorry to ask this again but you are one of the few that have also taking Dutaseride: How often do you take a dutaseride pill these days? Thank you!

11. Barbarina

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Megan ! I have not taken Dudasterid for couple of months, simply because it is expensive, my insurance doesnt pay for it and I was on a very dry patch. Now probably will start taking it again. However, this famous Dr Redmond writes in his book that Finasterid (Propecia, Proscar) blocks DHT by 70 % and apparently Dudasterid - blocks 90%. Usually I used to take Dudasterid 1 pill every day. Finasterid is much cheaper thus.

12. CurlyQ

CurlyQ Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Barbarina,

I'm happy to hear your shedding has decreased! You said you had low levels of zinc. Do remember how deficient you were? Have you continued to see reduced shedding? And any new hair regrowth?

I'm going to get my zinc checked. I'm hoping this is my issue. Thanks for posting!

13. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi
    Wondering what dosage of zinc you were taking and is there a specific brand?

14. Sofia1980

Sofia1980 Member

Dislikes Received:
    My BC pills are Belara, also much better then Diane apparently. What do you think about Saw Palmetto, girls? Have you tried it? Apparently it should positively influence DHT level on scalp. I am not taking it now, but thinking to start it immediately after i get off the pill. Also, heavily googling toppers for the first time, I just KNOW it will fall off again after getting off the BC pill. We have to think positively, though.

15. Barbarina

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Curly ! No i dont remember my Zink levels, but I hope that was behind my hair loss (and tonns of stress of course) Otherwise I am slightly hupothyroid, but somehow dont believe that it is a major porblem. Oh, yes, and 3 years ago I was taking for a year loestrin pill, which is the most hair unfriendly pill apparently. And yes, Saw Palmetto is known for stopping DHT, but how strong is it ?